Best Workout Clothes for Seniors
Wearing the right clothes while working out is key for older adults. The revealing workout clothes you used to buy might lose their charm. Your closet now needs the best workout clothes for seniors, so you can be comfortable when exercising. Workout apparel is integral to a practical exercise session, whether at-home at-home at-homeat-home workout or at the gym. So, continue reading to learn about the best workout clothes for seniors.
1. Running Shorts
Snug compression shorts for seniors provide muscle support and chafing prevention, with the length varying between men’s and women’s styles. Men’s running shorts typically fall between knee-length to mid-thigh and are worn with a loose shirt. The stretchy material gives exceptional flexibility.
The v-notch shorts style is trendy, and the name derives from the inverted v-shape from the hem to the leg seams. The cutout shape enables a wide range of movement. The shorts have a loose fit instead of a snug.
The front panel of split shorts overlaps with the back panel, so the leg seam of the shorts can be as small as the waistband. The leg-style split shorts are made for performance, as they provide various ranges of motion with shorter inseams.
The REI Co-op Swiftland running shorts are supportive, moisture-wicking and comfortable with plenty of capacity. It sold for $54.95.
- A compact zippered pocket.
- Brief liner with nylon (80% nylon, spandex 20%).
- Two side drop-ins and one rear zipper pocket.
- Bounce-free and secure.
- Airy and lightweight.
Some other brands to try are Nike, Vuori and New Balance.
2. Running Leggings
Leggings for older adults do not vary in style but rather in fabric, ranging from polyester to nylon to cotton and Ponte. They are a stretch-knit fabric containing spandex, elastane or lycra.
The polyester mix leggings are made with a certain percentage of spandex and are great activewear. It has good anti-moisture and wicking qualities.
Nylon is commonly used by designers. These leggings are made with a mixture of nylon, polyester and spandex and are an excellent fabric for working out at the gym.
Cotton leggings are a natural choice. If you are looking for comfort, then you can mix them with spandex. Another bonus is that they don’t look like gym pants — you can dress them up or wear them casually too. It does not have wick-like qualities or contains artificial fabrics.
Ponte leggings have a mixture of polyester, spandex and rayon. These double-knit fabric leggings stretch but can hold their shape much better than other types of single-knit leggings.
Homma Premium Thick High Waist Tummy Compression Slimming Leggings are high-waist and have a thick tummy compression band. The price range starts at $19.95.
- Four-way recovery and stretch for performance, compression, comfort and shape.
- Stretch closure.
- Stay-put, thick, high-rise tummy waistband for body shaping and contouring.
- Firm-Control Homma exclusive fabric made of 12% spandex and 88% nylon.
Some other brands you should try are Hunkemollar and Marks & Spencer
Seniors need comfort when it comes to workout tops. A simple everyday t-shirt is no match for a Nike t-shirt. Investing in specialized workout tops allows you to move comfortably, as it is designed with wick moisture and quality fabric.
A Nike workout top can also come in the form of a long-sleeve sweater and a tank top. It would be best to consider your comfort level and the place where you exercise, so you can choose the right type and style.
The classic Nike Dri-FIT tops have sweat-wicking, soft fabric that will keep your skin comfortable. The top comes in various colors, sizes and fits. The price depends on the style you get.
- Machine washable.
- Dri-Fit Nike technology that helps you remain comfortable and dry.
- 43% polyester and 57% cotton.
- Standard fit for an easy and relaxed feel.
- Cotton-blend, smooth fabric.
Other good brands to try are Lulumelon and DistrictVision.
No workout outfit is complete without a jacket, especially in the cooler months if you are active outdoors. A quality zip-up is perfect to wear over tanks, training dresses or t-shirts. The Zenergy Mesh Jacket, made of four-way Neema fabric, is exceptionally stretchy from Chico’s. This piece of clothing is essential for an easygoing and active workout.
This classic fit jacket will stay trendy for years. The jacket has pockets in the front and another zipper pocket at the back, making it ideal for storing your phone or keys. The best thing about this jacket is its length that comes right at the hip, so it won’t get in the way of exercising.
The price of the Zenergy Mesh Jacket is $129.
- Mesh details under the arms for breathability.
- Hidden pocket at the back.
- Comfortable and four-way stretch.
- Collared long sleeves.
- Front pockets.
- Classic fit and zipper closure.
- 13% spandex and 87% polyester.
- Machine washable on cold.
- Land's End: If you want a variety of choices for jackets, Land's End has a large assortment of them for a spring or winter jog. Whatever the weather may be when you're working out, you'll find the right one here.
- L.L.Bean: Jackets are great for keeping yourself warm during your outdoor workout. At L.L.Bean, you'll find an array of comfortable and sleek jackets, like this Women's Bean Bright Multisport Jacket; this jacket will help you keep warm while providing an exceptional look.
5. Training Dresses
These are comfortable and cute enough to wear for older women when playing tennis or riding a bike. A training dress might be right for you and even become your favorite piece of workout attire. The moisture-wicking and stretchy fabric will keep you comfy and cool.
Some even have a built-in bodysuit, ensuring that you stay covered no matter how active you are. Dresses can come in different colors and shades. Training dresses are lightweight, comfy and flattering.
The Nike Sportwear Short-Sleeved Patchwork Dress costs $75.
- Body-slimming feel and look.
- Mesh sleeves.
- Mock neck collar.
- Made with 50% recycled polyester fibers.
Other must-try brands are Lulumelon and Adidas.