Can you Reduce Hair Fall?
Have you recently been horrified to find that you are experiencing hair fall or that your hair is thinning more than ever? You may have even gone as far as buying a bunch of hair fall supplements to help the situation, only to find that it either doesn’t work or makes your hair thinning even worse. Not to worry, as there are trusted hair vitamins and hair-thinning supplements that you can use to reduce hair loss from happening.
What Causes Hair Loss?
According to studies from Medical News Today, a review that was done consisted of small studies, and they suggest that larger and more robust random clinical trials should be done. However, they found that hair loss can be attributed to some of the following reasons:
- Autoimmune disease.
- Hormonal changes.
- Androgenetic Alopecia – This is mostly found in 50% of men and women before they reach the age of 50, causing pattern baldness.
- Alopecia Areata – An autoimmune disease resulting in the loss of small patches of hair.
- Telogen Effluvium – This can appear as a result of stress, illness, or the use of certain medications.
Solutions for Hair Fall and Hair Thinning
Adding supplementary hair growth vitamins to your diet can greatly improve hair fall and ensure healthy hair, even as you get older.
- Iron: A deficiency of iron in your diet can result in anemia which has the symptoms of pale skin, fatigue, and hair loss, so make sure you get enough iron. You can eat foods such as red meat, leafy greens, and legumes.
- Vitamin B: Also referred to as Biotin. A lack of it can cause hair fall. For healthier hair, you can add egg yolks, whole grains, and meat to your diet.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin is essential for your gut to absorb iron, and you can get your dose of Vitamin C in citrus fruits, leafy greens, bell peppers, and kiwi fruits, to name a few.
- Vitamin D: This vitamin comes from exposure to sunlight and is essential for strong bones as well as healthy hair growth. Some people need to supplement their intake of Vitamin D by eating fatty fish or drinking fortified milk.
- Zinc: This valuable mineral makes proteins in your hair as well as other cells in your body. Low zinc levels can be one of the reasons that you are experiencing hair fall or thinning hair. You can get zinc from shellfish, meat, beans, nuts, and seeds.
- Folic Acid: Folic acid is a synthetic form of a type of Vitamin B called folate. Folic acid is responsible for healthy cell growth, especially in nails and hair. For hair loss prevention, it is advisable to add folic acid to your diet in the form of Vitamin B foods such as beans, broccoli, citrus, leafy greens, meat, nuts, poultry, and wheat germ.
Hair Fall Supplements
We all know that it can sometimes be difficult to ensure you eat the right foods to supplement your health, so there are also a few great supplements in tablet and powder form, which we can use for hair regrowth and hair loss prevention. Using supplements is easier and more convenient, especially if there are certain foods that you don’t like eating.
- Biotin: This supplement by Nature’s Bounty can be bought in a bottle for as little as $9 on Amazon, but it’s well worth it to do some research as to which brand is the most effective. Sometimes it pays off to buy a pricier supplement, such as Sugarbear Vegan Hair Gummy Vitamins for $34.99 on Amazon.
- Hair Sweet Hair Growth Vegan Gummies: These gummies are available from HUM and contain biotin, folic acid, B12, and zinc. They are available for $26 at Sephora and contain 60 vegan gummy sweets.
- Viviscal Extra Strength Dietary Supplements: These tablets are jam-packed with healthy hair goodness, offering a combination of marine complex, biotin, zinc, vitamin c, iron, and horsetail extract. Besides reduced hair loss, women also experience increased hair volume after using this supplement for more than 90 days. You can purchase this product from Ulta Beauty for $39.99.
- KeraViatin Hair & Scalp Health Supplements: This supplement contains a range of Vitamin B, zinc, antioxidant curcuminoids, and amino acids such as L-cysteine, which is one of the most crucial amino acids for hair growth. A little more on the expensive side, this supplement by Keranique is available at Amazon.
- SuperHair Daily Hair Nutrition: This handy multi-vitamin supplement by Moon Juice contains vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K as well as ashwagandha and ginseng, which are herbs that help with stress. The Moon Juice SuperHair tablets are available at Sephora for $24 for 120 capsules.
So, you don’t need to get too freaked out if you’ve found your hair falling out in the shower or a few balding patches appearing on your scalp. Try one of these hair fall supplements mentioned above, and always ensure that you have a healthy diet containing a range of all the vitamins and minerals needed for a healthy body and hair.